Through DACs own assets including the private donations we have received DAC has supported social projects for those most in need, unfortunately not always fulfilled.
DAC has supported following projects;
- DACs partner organization HODA: Training of women in sowing and embroidery to give the women an income.
- Kaussar Association training girls and women to sow so they can provide for themselves and their families. The sewing room still functions and has educated more than 140 young women from Herat.
- Assisting General Hospital i Herat city with equipment for the hospital laundry.
- Etablishing washrooms in remote Nomad villages.
- Soup kitchens for street children.
- Fatamazouhra orphanage for girls: sports- and play-equipment, computers, educational material, blankets and clothing for 120 girls in the age of 2 - 15 years.
- The Martyrs Home for Handicapped Men: Vitamins, fruit, mattresses and a TV. Ahmad Massoud-biblioteket, der har fået doneret indsamlede bøger og tidsskrifter.
- Poor families in the rural areas: Medicin, blankets and warm clothing.
- In cooperation with the Danish newspaper Politiken represented by editor Anders Jerichow, DAC collected 1.000.000 DKK to establish 30 wells supplying safe water for villages in the districts Guzarah, Obei and Pashtoon Zarghoon.